Be An Active Participant in Your Healthcare!
Dr. Hoover and the rest of his team are dedicated to providing education and improved access to the information you may need to make informed decisions about your healthcare and for the healthcare of those important to you.
Maintaining open and honest communication with our patients is imperative for us to provide the best possible care. We want you to be an active participant in your healthcare decisions! So it’s important you stay informed about your health.
Patient Education Resources
We hope this educational material helps you gain a better understanding of orthopedic injuries and what options for treatment may be available from our expert orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine physician.
- OrthoIllustrated – the leading internet based resource for patient education around the diagnosis and treatment of common sports medicine injuries. This site allows you to:
- Learn about the anatomy of the body
- Learn how a sports medicine injury occurs and how it is treated
- Review medical illustrations of the anatomy involved in common sports injuries
- Review illustrations of sports medicine surgical techniques
- Watch animations of common sports medicine procedures
- Health Information Library – patient-friendly health information including:
- 12,000 pages of medical content
- Interactive tools
- Animated procedures
- And more!
Please also visit the Covenant Health YouTube channel for patient educational videos.
Additional Professional / Patient Associates and Resources
- AAOS is the professional society for orthopaedic surgeons. There is information on orthopaedic conditions and treatments, prevention, new discoveries, finding a surgeon and more. The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery: – www.aaos.org
- The American College of Rheumatology is an organization that fosters excellence in the care of people with arthritis, rheumatic, and musculoskeletal diseases. Rheumatology Association: – www.rheumatology.org
- The mission of the Arthritis Foundation is to support research to find the cure for and prevention of arthritis and to improve the quality of life for those affected by arthritis. Arthritis Foundation: – www.arthritis.org
- The National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA) is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the physically active worldwide. The National Athletic Trainers’ Association: – www.nata.org
- Offers a physician search database with information on doctor’s schooling, residencies and specialties. The American Hospital Association: – www.hospitalconnect.com
- A site dedicated to physical therapy. Physical Therapy Association: – www.physicaltherapist.com
- Latest medical breakthroughs and access to many databases. Healthgate: – www.healthgate.com
- Everything you want to know about arthroscopic surgery and them some. Arthroscopy Association of North America: – www.aana.org